Linda Morin is available for either one-on-one consultations or group presentations on healthy lifestyle and food preparation. Her presentations are based on her experiences with cancer and on the Hippocrates Health Institute program.
Call for rates and availability.
Wheatgrass, sunflower and pea sprouts are available by the pound through special order. Call (613)850-4006 in advance to arrange pick-up.
Survivor opens boutique to help find beauty after cancer
Reprinted with permission from Samantha Wright Allen, Ottawa Citizen
1 February, 2014
Linda Morin remembers her first prosthesis fitting after her double mastectomy as an awkward ordeal.
“I’m in the dressing room with this woman who’s never gone through breast cancer,” Morin says. “I remember removing my top and she’s doing my measurements and she’s touching me.”
“Not a good feeling.”
That was in 2008.
Now, Morin is opening a combination mastectomy boutique and juicing bar as a safe space that can help ease the trauma of a lost breast.
“This is my dream,” Morin says. “I know when a woman comes in here and I’m going to be fitting her for the first time I know exactly how to touch her, how to talk to her, how to make her feel comfortable because I’ve been there and I’ve lived it.”
Interviews and Linked articles
- Look Beyond boutique owner Linda Morin discusses her new boutique and juicing bar Video segment from CTV Morning Live, CTV News Ottawa, March 2014
- Linda Morin shows off clothing as part of her mastectomy boutique Look Beyond Boutique that also offers a juice bar and wellness programs in Kanata.. The Province, 1 February 2014
- Linda Morin works her juicer at her boutique Look Beyond Boutique that offers a juice bar, mastectomy clothing line and wellness programs in Kanata on Saturday The Vancouver Sun, 1 February 2014
- Cancer survivor opens mastectomy store in Glen Cairn. Blair Edwards, Kanata Kourier-Standard, March 2014
- Inspiring Individuals in our Community. A truly touching and inspiring story about a woman’s battle with cancer and how she became stronger because of it. Christine Hauschild, Winter 2014.